Saturday, January 16

"Be My Valentine" Banner to Print, Part Two


I've been feeding and speaking kindly to the newest stray cat to show up - I feel so badly for him, out in the cold. But he does have the garage to sneak into, and a box and warm blanket on the porch, at least, although he doesn't seem to go into either place. We feed him as much Kitten Chow and wet food as he can hold. I feel very guilty for having not wanted another stray to show up. He is so shy and meek. He is in need and what kind of person would let a hungry animal go hungry?

From "A Christmas Memory" by T. Capote:

“My friend has never been to a picture show, nor does she intend to...In addition to never having seen a movie, she has never: eaten in a restaurant, traveled more than five miles from home, received or sent a telegram, read anything except funny papers and the Bible, worn cosmetics, cursed, wished someone harm, told a lie on purpose, let a hungry dog go hungry. 

Here are a few things she has done, does do: killed with a hoe the biggest rattlesnake ever seen in this county (sixteen rattles), dip snuff (secretly), tame hummingbirds (just try it) till they balance on her finger, tell ghost stories (we both believe in ghosts) so tingling they chill you in July, talk to herself, take walks in the rain, grow the prettiest japonicas in town, know the recipe for every sort of oldtime Indian cure, including a magical wart remover.”

My mind swirls constantly with phrases from the books I love, and I paraphrase them frequently. I wonder if that's common.

And here we have the second part of the banner. Just more letters, beginning to spell out "Valentine." See yesterday's post for the beginning, and tomorrow for the end.

Thank'ee for dropping by and I hope you enjoy.



4 Elf-Friends have commented... :

  • Joanne Noragon

    One night as I put materials at five places around the meeting table, one set at a time, I intoned to the empty room, A belt for ratty, a belt for mole, a belt for badger, a gun for ratty, etc. I hadn't heard one meeting attendee come in, but was please as punch when he roared with laughter and said he hadn't heard Wind in the Willows since he was a kid.

  • Olde Dame Penniwig

    Oh, The Wind in the Willows! How fun that you did that, and that there was an unexpected and appreciative audience!

  • Anonymous

    Awesome banner! The roses you shared for spacers are pretty, too. I am quite certain some mantles will have your banner hung in time for Valentine's Day. I posted a Valentine craft today in case you're interested. It's up your alley as it is a paper craft! I have that Capote Christmas story. Thanks for the reminder. Must scoot. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

  • Paula

    I am so excited to print, cut and hang my banner. Stay tuned on my blog for pictures!! Thank you thank you thank you

Post a Comment

Halloo dearies! Glad t'see you and thanks for any kind comments.