Wednesday, January 6

Impressed by My Fellow Bloggers, and the Rest of the Birthday Girl Tags


And here we have the Birthday Girl gift tags for July through December. Click the PNG file (bottom of the two) if you want highest quality, but choose the JPEG file if space is an issue, such as on an older computer or flash drive.

I've had quite an awakening since I returned to blogging a little over a month ago. It seems to me that many bloggers are hugely talented -- much more so than when I "left" five years ago. I'm humbled by the wit, writing skills, and by the very lives and strength of so many bloggers. 

In fact, I have been so impressed, going from blog to blog (and constantly finding new blogs on their sidebars), that I almost haven't been able to post. I can barely choke out a post, and mine seem dull and stilted compared to the gems of writing and thought I encounter. I used to be carefree when posting, dearies, and wrote anything that came into my head. It was never a labor! And it was always such fun.

But now, I'm full of anxiety. That's not how I wish to be, however! I don't compare others against each other, or look meanly at the efforts of others. Why am I bending such an unkind eye on my own little efforts? 

I do know I am happy to have found so many blogs that enrich my life, even though we are far apart in miles and experiences, and connect only through words.



6 Elf-Friends have commented... :

  • Anonymous

    Just be yourself! The most important thing to remember is that it's your blog and you get to run the show. Like you, I sometimes skip posting and just hop around the blogosphere to read. I am always impressed and always humbled. I hope your anxiety can somehow be eased so you can continue comfortably if that's what you'd like to do. Really, my dear Olde Dame Penniwig . . . those potatoes were awesome!!! Even if I never printed any of your printables, you have enriched my life and my granddaughter's life because she's a foodie and I'm the one who has to feed the foodie. We LOVED loved them! So via your own unique blog, my life has been enriched. Just do want you want to do with your blog and make it happy for you!!! p.s. I bought three more Prismacolors yesterday! Peace.

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Oh pish posh. You are interesting, witty and generous. I for one missed you and your prognostications, sharings and pluck. So glad you are back and gifting your readers with you. xoxo Oma Linda

  • Olde Dame Penniwig

    Good gravy, thx for the remarks, m'dears!

    Glad the potatoes were a hit, GNG. I really, really was amazed by the recipe and wanted to share it.

    Linda, kind words from someone as talented as yourself, and such a free spirit!

  • Paula

    Don't be hard on yourself. I love coming to your blog and seeing what you have to say and share. I have downloaded some of your printables to use in my planner in the future. We each have our own little niche.

  • Olde Dame Penniwig

    Thank'ee, Paula. Kind words!

  • Buttercup

    Humbug! I always enjoy visiting your blog. I'm not very crafty, so I learn something new or get inspired with every visit. To answer your question about Pepe accompanying me on my next adventure. I don't think so. He got a little wild with the light saber today. Light saber and security and a monkey don't mix. I'll miss him, but he's going to be the monkey in charge when I'm away.

Post a Comment

Halloo dearies! Glad t'see you and thanks for any kind comments.