It's easy to make vintage-style chenille figures.
I've gathered some cute vintage images so you can make a batch of them for decorating! I found most of these vintage images after I made a few decorations - now I want to get some white chenille stems and make some lambs, too!
After making a standing bunny, I've decided I actually like the plainer, non-decorated animal figures better. They look more "vintage" to me. My last photo shows a "plain" bunny. But if I try to make a little "Easter Bonnet Girl" using one of the vintage heads, I do believe I will make a little crepe-paper skirt for her.
- Chenille "Bump" Stems in your choice of colors.
- The chenille stems I bought had three bumps total. I used regular scissors to cut them into two uneven pieces (one with two bumps, one with one bump)
- Cardstock "heads"
- Bit of ribbon, needle and thread to gather it
- Small piece of crepe paper streamer to put around middle
- Small bits of felt to glue on as "hands" and "shoes"