Sunday, November 22

Why I Quit Blogging and Then Returned


Well, dearies, it's been a few years.

I stopped blogging for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was losing the enjoyment of posting as I pleased in favor of posting what I hoped would "monetize" the blog. Indeed, feeling pressure from my family and even the changing blogging culture to somehow turn a carefree jaunt into the blogging world into income sapped my joy and heaped guilt upon my poor head, although I did earn a meager amount. 

So, I left blogging. And then disaster struck in my real life, and it made going back to blogging feel impossibly fake. I was crushed, and I lost my voice for quite a long time, but recovered.

Now, here I am again, and with my original intent: To write a little bloggie that elf-friends might find amusing, and that I definitely find amusing, and to create pretty images for blogs and Facebook. Mayhap you will come along?

*~*~*~*

It's nearly Thanksgiving, and the burr oaks are dropping their acorns. These are huge acorns, and I can picture one featuring prominently at the squirrels' Thanksgiving table. With their frilly Colonial caps, I find them the most charming of the acorns.