Thursday, February 11

Hilda, A Mouse, and My Mouse




Hilda is about to get a big surprise.

A mouse is about to jump on her! I know how she feels. We have had a mouse in the kitchen for several days. We don't use traps, other than Hav-A-Hart traps that catch them unharmed, but we haven't caught the wee varmint yet. One of our cats keeps a weather eye on the mouse, but the others show no interest. Hilda's pets aren't exactly on the ball, either!

I love Hilda's exuberance, as created and painted by the artist Duane Bryers. She is so deep into her book that she has scared herself silly.

My book list that's posted on the sidebar has Lord of the Rings on it. I can get so scared reading it that I feel the Black Riders are real and creeping about the yard. Such foolishness! But it's a delicious fear!




6 Elf-Friends have commented... :

  • Anonymous

    Well . . . I hope you find the mouse before you have more than one to deal with! Such joys of home ownership, eh?

  • Cynthia

    Hee hee! I love the drawing. We have had anoles in the house this winter that have caused the same reaction from me. Anoles are little green chameleons and are the cutest things -- except when they surprise you when you take the bread bowl down from the shelf by popping out! So far I'm 2 for 2 in catching and releasing them on the porch.

  • Paula

    EEK!! My biggest fear is of mice! I just want them out of the house. I don't want them trapped. I want them DEAD! Thankfully we haven't had any for years!

  • Olde Dame Penniwig

    GNG, it's always something! Some critter or something breaking!

    Cynthia, we had anoles in New Orleans, and geckos! Loved em! You're very clever to be able to catch them!

    Paula I will refrain from posting any pictures of the "cute" mouse! My husband also fears them - I think mice and snakes can trigger an age- old fear in many.

  • ~Kim at Golden Pines~

    I have to grin at this post, this is so me! But we also have a mouse in our kitchen right now, I think. I've gone in there the last two nights and our cat, the lovely Ms. Yellow, was sitting by the dishwasher, and the stove. We also used the humane traps, and drove them down the road a couple of miles.. We baited the trap with peanut butter. It would work to trap me too! :-)

  • Olde Dame Penniwig

    I'm going to try peanut butter - thank you for the tip. I had put cat nibbles and a piece of bun in it - he or she is not going for it - although they ate it when it was on the counter - poor mice get hungry and have to eat, too...

Post a Comment

Halloo dearies! Glad t'see you and thanks for any kind comments.