Thursday, December 10

Winter's Flowers: Colorful Cabbage and Kale


At work the landscapers have put in pretty "flowering cabbages," whose leaves are as pretty as any summer bloom. I love to see them when I arrive at our tower and when I leave for the day. Snails ate up quite a few, leaving only topknots and bare stems, but many remain. I hope the warm temps coming this weekend don't cause the plants to bolt!


Hope your Thursday is a good one. Christmas is certainly bearing down on us quickly. It will be here in a flash. Today would be my mother's birthday, had she lived. She died far too young a long time ago. She would be 93 this year. It's a bittersweet season.

3 Elf-Friends have commented... :

  • Prims By The Water

    Beautiful cabbages! Yes Christmas is around the corner. So sorry to hear about your mom We lost my dad a few years back just before Christmas. It took some time to enjoy the season again. Janice

  • Paula

    I love flowering cabbage. And I am thrilled to find your blog. Gram from Goodnight Gram's Blog gave me your blog address!! I am looking around and LOVE what I see.

  • Olde Dame Penniwig

    Thank ye both for stopping by and your kind comments, and I hope you are enjoying this season!

Post a Comment

Halloo dearies! Glad t'see you and thanks for any kind comments.