Tuesday, February 2

Vintage Cats and Dogs Kids' Valentines Free Printable Images and Cards


I love the freshness, energy, and sheer oddness of "off-brand" mid-century Valentines. Here is a small collection of "cleaned up" and slightly altered school Valentines for your printing and crafting pleasure. Many were die-cut, and some featured gilding (usually silver) and glitter. You got a lot of clever designs for your 25 cents or so. Today's Valentines, like the rest of the curriculum, are dumbed down. The puns are gone, and the vocabulary is simple.

As always, thank you for stopping by. 



3 Elf-Friends have commented... :

  • Anonymous

    Yes! I remember those Valentine puns. I thought they were clever and fun. I was always 'egg'-cited to read them! Thanks for the trip down memory lane! BTW: Sheesh! I saw the mess of spelling my big fingers, no reading glasses, and iPad made of my recent comments. Sorry!

    p.s. When I get the chance today, I am going to post a pic of a fun thrift shop find that made me squeal in the store yesterday thanks to something on your blog, which I will explain. Oh happy day!

  • Paula

    I wish my kiddos were still sharing Valentines at school. These are so cute!!

  • Prims By The Water

    Reminds me of the Valentines I gave at school many moons ago. Janice

Post a Comment

Halloo dearies! Glad t'see you and thanks for any kind comments.