Tuesday, December 15

Musing, and a Doodad for Blogs and FB


I was just reading various blogs this past weekend, and one post very much struck me. In it, the author mentioned that life can change "on a pin head." I often muse that life "changes in the blink of an eye," or "life can turn on a dime." And I use those expressions to both warn and comfort.

I needed to read those words again. My life just changed "on a pin head." After a nice company holiday party on Friday where our beloved executives jetted in to help us make merry, at 8 a.m. this morning we got the news that our branch of the company is getting restructured, and some of us won't be moved to the headquarters offices.

Since we are dealing with pins in one of these sayings, I'll add "you could hear a pin drop" -- for a moment. Then you could hear crying. It's not just the job loss. It's that most of us there feel we helped build the company from a small start-up to literally a billion-dollar enterprise, all within a few years. We were told again and again that we part of the "Company Family." Ha! We spent our own effort and money to build respect in the community, we loved and believed in the company, and now, many are no longer part of it. It was a lot to take in.

But -- "Life changes in the blink of an eye." As my neighbor remarked in old New Orleans many decades ago as we watched the flood waters rise and rise and finally start pouring into our homes, "No one is hurt, no one is dead. And we are still on our feet." Wise words. Things and jobs can be replaced. It's our loved ones, two-legged and four-legged and even multi-legged, that matter. Life changed, yes, but, knock on wood, my loved ones are okay.

Here is a little graphic that might look sweet on a blog or FB post.

Thank'ee for dropping by.



3 Elf-Friends have commented... :

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Oh my stars. Life is just full of surprises and some of them not so wonderful. My husband had a 2 week vacation in July, went back to work on a Monday and on Tuesday morning the new owners of the company let him know that he no longer had a job. Like you said, no one died, we still were together....but the next 5 months drug by as at 66 he sought to find a job. Lots of lessons learned. I'll just say "Damn" and move on. xoxo Oma Linda

  • Anonymous

    That's a lot to take in at 8 a.m. I am sorry to read this news. And yet, you have such a sweet graphic to offer your readers. My hope is that life treats you with the same generosity.

  • Paula

    I never understand why companies do this. Why can't they take everyone that helped make them what they are? And if they can't, why do they announce this just before Christmas?? You have a good attitude about it though. Bless you!

Post a Comment

Halloo dearies! Glad t'see you and thanks for any kind comments.