Monday, January 4

More Printable Sachet Envelopes to Print


Please see yesterday's post for the instructions on how to print, cut out, glue, etc. The sachet envelopes work best if printed onto paper.

Here is a violet design for the little sachet/potpourri envelope, ready to print and prepare:

 
And here is one, below, that is ready to color in, with whatever you like to use: Pastels, colored pencils, watercolors, colored chalk. I don't think colored chalk gets the respect due it. It's cheap, easily found, and is lovely for when just a pale bit of color is needed. I've always liked using it on dark paper and the front porch. 

When I was very young, I drew with pieces of broken bricks. It was easy to find suitable bricks in New Orleans, if you knew where to look. In the truly olde days many houses were built with what is called "soft brick." The bricks were small and plump, with corners that had been worn, and there were colors from ivory to pink to red to a dark reddish taupe. Remember that "Indian Earth" makeup? It looked like red brick dust, to me.




Finally, here's a plain one, for those who have rubber stamps or who draw freehand:


As always, thank'ee for stopping by.

3 Elf-Friends have commented... :

  • Paula

    I DO remember that make-up! But I haven't thought about it in years and years. Such cute little envelopes!

  • Olde Dame Penniwig

    Thx, Paula! Somewhere I have a tiny clay pot that "Indian Earth" came in. It's absolutely horrid with my complexion but I loved the little pot. I also got some eye make up (loose) in a tiny purple pot with a cork, about 25 years ago.

  • Buttercup

    These are sweet! Violets are one of my favorite flowers. Thanks!

Post a Comment

Halloo dearies! Glad t'see you and thanks for any kind comments.