Sunday, January 10

Wise Words from Eleanor, Nice to Post on Facebook or A Blog


Sometimes as I go about my day, I encounter very arrogant people who attempt to shame or discount me. Once upon a time, it would have worked, and stressed and saddened me. Now, I ignore such attempts, or use the stare/silence duo on them: A cool stare, held, while not saying anything. There is much power in silence, sometimes, yet much power in words, too. 

I very much like this quote of Eleanor Roosevelt's:


Thank'ee for stopping by. I think this could look nice on FB or a bloggie.

4 Elf-Friends have commented... :

  • Joanne Noragon

    I first encountered this concept in my twenties, when a friend told another friend with an abusive husband, "You can't be a doormat unless you lie down." I liked Eleanor's version much better, when I came across it.

  • OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts

    Totally inappropriate share coming from me but.....my granddaughter calls that expression you described as "the eat shit and die" look. She's right, wonder who she learned that from??????????????? hehehehe

  • Olde Dame Penniwig

    Joanne, yes, I think Eleanor's version is very kind and dignified.

    Linda, my my, that grand-daughter of yours is very impish in her expressions!

  • Paula

    This has always been one of my favorite quotes! I tell this to my granddaughter all the time!

Post a Comment

Halloo dearies! Glad t'see you and thanks for any kind comments.